Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another Crack at Watercolor Batik

Heron in Watercolor Batik
Okay, I am working on it, and am going to call my foray into this fun way of painting, a WIP.  Do I get to call myself an experimental artist? I am sharing with you because I have no idea if these things are any good, or even "art" [I'm talking about my work, not the batiks of the many incredible artists who do these so well]. Love the process, and they are fun to do, and I am working on making them better as I go along.  Would love any input you might want to offer, and/or any insights on how I could perfect them.  Am not sure I can "correct" existing ones, but would sure like to know how to paint and wax in a more pleasing or marketable way.  What do you think?

10 comments:

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane said...

Dee, I have no idea about batik, but I know that this is a wonderful piece of art, very creative.

Unknown said...

Looks great Dee. Are you using rice paper?

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hi Dee, Your batik painting is wonderful, very effective and I'm sure will sell with no trouble. Keep doing this work 'your way' it works!......regards ann.

Cristina Dalla Valentina said...

This is simply wonderful, Dee!

Dee Doyle said...

Thanks for stopping by Jane and Carrie. Yes, I am enjoying learning about watercolor batik, and yes, I am using rice paper. It's a fun way for me to concentrrate on separating values and working in shapes. Still have a long way to go. Stay tuned!

Chris Lally said...

I love your batik, Dee! Your limited palette and this crop make it exciting and fresh. It is definitely a piece of art. Keep going. What you're doing is just wonderful!

Chris Lally said...

Your batik is fabulous, Dee. Your limited palette and dramatic crop make it fresh & exciting. It is definitely a work of art!

Dee Doyle said...

Thank you for your comment Cristina. I apologize for not acknowledging sooner. Apparently your note got caught in my spam folder! In any case, it's always lovely to hear from you!

Dee Doyle said...

Thanks, Ann. And thanks for stopping by. I am pleased that my batiks are being received so well. Indeed, I have had several inquiries regarding purchasing, which makes me happy.