Saturday, June 8, 2013

Orange-haired girl ~ 5 x 7 acrylic study


Have just looked back at a few "recent" posts, and noticed that I have posted only encaustics since October.  I am so enjoying doing encaustics, but, honestly, I haven't stopped doing acrylics or watercolors.  I teach both every week, and certainly paint for the classes!

So, in an effort to get my groove back, I intend to post a mix on a more regular basis again.

Here's a little one I am doing as a part of a "mini-series" of female figures, some dressed, some not, some from life drawing, some figures that couldn't be identified if you tried, from old magazines.  All I am doing is trying to get the gesture and dress them [or not] the way I want.  The hair, face, features, clothes, etc. are all from my imagination. 

I am doing a few of these, all with orange hair, because I love them.  Will post a few others soon.

1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Can't wait to see more. They are awesome