Friday, February 25, 2011

Sketching at Gere-a-Deli's

Some of my students just started a sketch group recently, and I was able to join them on Monday because I didni't have to teach.  It was great fun and, now that I have been snowed in for a couple of days, I appreciate the opportunity even more.  We met at a local luncheon place, and because it was President's Day, there was more activy than usual, and lots of subjects to sketch.  We had to work quickly, which in its way was good skill building, but the results were varied.  In any case, fun was had by all.  A few sketches below ...



Composite of three folks at separate tables



Family of seven ~ Mom, dad, five kids and a sixth on the way



Love the beret.  This guy was fun to sketch.  As I was finishing up, I noticed his anarack was not the same as it had been, and I saw it move in a funny way.  All of a sudden, a little dog's head popped out of his chest to finish reading the newspaper.  The beret and the pup got up to leave before I could "catch" him.  Amazing!  You never know what will be next when you sketch in public places! 


No comments: