Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's been a while ...

It's been a while since I posted, and I almost feel a little guilty.  But, like the rest of you, I have been slammed with getting ready for holiday shows, prepping for lessons, etc.  My blog just had to take a back seat to all of the rest!  I have missed my blog community.  Even though I haven't been around, I know all of you are here and will be here as I come and go!

I have held a couple of watercolor batik workshops in addition to my five weekly classes at three different Senior Centers in the county.  I have been painting up a storm, batik, watercolors, mixed media and plain old acrylics.  Love it all, but have felt the pressure!  I had to complete several new batiks to make a total of thirteen for my 2012 calendar.  Then, of course, Christmas cards, new projects, etc, etc and so forth!

One great thing I did for myself, well four great things since I have posted, I attended four mini weekend workshops that were wonderful.  Some more wonderful than others.  Funny thing, I didn't finish one painting in any of the workshops, but I was so inspired and really had a rush of creativity as I integrated lessons learned from all of them.  Will try to post a little more often as we near the end of 2011, and show a few pieces that were the result of some of my workshop lessons.

I'll start with a few of my new batiks, as those will be the first to make public viewing the first Friday of December at the Holiday Art Walk in Anacortes, Washington.

This is from a photo taken up at Shucksan in Mount Baker State Park  "December"  8" x 8" watercolor batik

Grapes on the vine from a photo of a friend's grapes on her deck "September" 8" x 8" watercolor batik

Watercolor Batik "November" for my calendar. November is when the snow geese arrive, and, yes, they are here! 8" x 8"

4 comments:

Leada Wood said...

So glad you are posting again, been wondering what you were up to. Looks like you have been very productive and one very busy lady! Love your new batiks, you are certainly on a role!

Chris Lally said...

Your batiks are just wonderful, Dee. It's good to see your blog up and running again. You are an inspiration to me!

Missy Walsh-Smith said...

These are really wonderful, Dee!

Dee Doyle said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. Am really enjoying doing the batiks ... in fact, I have two batik workshops scheduled in January, and already requests for more.

I watch for all of your new projects and am blown away by the creativity. Am so glad we all get to share our art in this techie community!