Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Great Weekend, Great Show!

Am just winding down from the Whatcom Art Guild Art by the Lake Show that was part of the Ski to Sea weekend in Bellingham.  It was a good weekend over all.  First, I was awarded a first and a second [shown below],  and, I sold three paintings.  Woo hoo! 

For the first time, I had a half booth, which worked out to be just the right size.  I am getting a bit long in the tooth to commit to a full booth, in terms of staffing and in terms of building a larger booth by myself.  The thing I knew even before doing this half booth was that I don't ever think I will be doing another booth outside again, particularly in the Pacific Northwest where the weather can ruin your day!

In any case, the booth was good and I enjoyed myself.  I was pleasantly surprised that I ran out of business cards, because people were interested in taking classes from me.  Neat!  Now if they all follow up!

Anyway, with a good booth experience, and sales to boot, the awards were icing on the cake!


Carolina Girl ~ Watercolor Batik 18" x 24" mounted on canvas 1 1/2" deep sides
Awarded First Place WAG Art by the Lake Show  SOLD


Northwest Shopping Day ~ Acrylics 18" x 24" canvas 1 1/2" deep sides
Awarded Second Place in WAG Art by the Lake Show
$225.00

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the awards. I love all the batik stuff you have ever shown and the lady with the umbrella has remarkable body language.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Congratulations on a great Show AND selling three paintings too, that's the icing on the cake.

Barb Sailor said...

I am so happy that you had a good show and congratulations. I love these paintings.

Dee Doyle said...

Thanks to all. TRuly, I was pleased with the show and the awards. Since I posted last, I have sold the Northwest Shopping Day [umbrella and slicker painting]. No complaints here! :-) Thanks for your continuing support.

Sue Van Etten said...

Oh congratulations, Dee! And BUMMER, I was still hoping to buy Carolina Girl!