Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's been too long ...

I know, it's summer, and so many of us are taking a break.  I have been taking a break from blogging, but have been keeping busy with my art ... evolving, I hope, or shifting a few gears.  Do you find that happening to you in your work occasionally?  There should be a support group for that!

Although I still teach and love teaching so much, I have gotten in a little rut with my own work, but have been "detouring" around "what I do," or what I used to do, which has been pretty traditional watercolors and acrylics.  Occasionally, I teach a one-day workshop in Watercolor Batiks, which I so enjoy, and have found myself gravitating toward other wax works.  Have been messing about in encaustics and loving it, but have been shy about sharing what I have been doing. 

I started by watching a few How-toYou Tube clips and setting up my studio annex in my kitchen, and loving it!  But I haven't shown my new work publicly, so here it goes!


Poppies 2, Encaustic Painting, 12 x  12 on Board

Poppies ~ Encaustic Painting 12 x 12 on board

2 comments:

Martha Kisling said...

Hi Dee - I know what you mean about sometimes needing to shift gears as an artist and teacher - easy to get in a comfortable rut.
I LOVE you encaustics - beautiful colors and very inspiring!

Dee Doyle said...

Thanks, Martha! Am enjoying the process, and, yes, it allows me to shift gears out of the stuff I am teaching in my classes. there is a great element of allowing many happy accidents!