Seeking, risking, and making
art, and sharing joys, challenges, successes and lessons learned
Monday, June 28, 2010
I took a class on Saturday in which everyone was using the same reference to paint chickadees, so of course, I wanted to do something different. I changed a photo of some chickadees and painted the birds in the style the instructor was teaching. My little chickadees were HORRIBLE!
When I get to that place that I give up on a painting, I figure, what the hell, and start "playing." I pulled out the foam stamp we made in Myrna Wachnov's workshop, and imprinted my little chickadees with the block. Interesting, yes. But worth resurrecting, I don't think so. Still, it was a fun way to "blot" out my mini-disaster.
I Photoshopped to sharpen the contrast, and tweeked the green a little, because my disaster IS greener than the photo turned out. I know, not my best, but it was a fun! Maybe I shouldn't have posted this one. Oh well.