Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good Model Today

Ten minute pose charcoal

Ten minute pose on Tyvek with Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolors ~ A little heavy-handed on the sap green to offset the indian red that also got heavy-handed!

Twenty minute pose on 140# Arches with Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolors ~ More ultramarine on this one.  It works better, I think


Twenty minute pose on Arches 140#
Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolors


Twenty minute pose on Arches 140# with Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolors ~ That's his thumb hanging down!

Jahman is a wonderful model, and has a gorgeous body.  He holds poses, and knows how to best show himself to the group.  Now, with such a terrific model, I have no excuses.  Even so, I was not "on" myself today. 

I am trying to see which combination of paint and surface will work the best for me, using the Tyvek, the Doc Martins, and Arches.  I am still using too much pigment when I "draw" with the Doc Martins droppers.  I am intending to "punch through" pretty soon, and break the code!  I love using Doc Martins, but need to figure out what's going to work best.  Stay tuned.

No comments: