Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Art Bash and the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Yikes, the Tulip Festival starts April 1st, as do the many art shows in barns and other venues punctuating the acres and acres of tulips and daffodils in Skagit Valley. Art League North's Art Bash will be in The Farmhouse Restaurant [at the corner of SR 20 and La Conner -Whitney Road] for the second year. And I am not ready!  I have been SO busy teaching and running around the county in the name of art, that I haven't been able to get my act together enough to get everything matted, framed, mounted, etc.

I HAVE ordered some cards, and hope to have them ready to sell at least. In the last couple of years, more cards than original art works have been selling at shows, so I started having the cards made. At least the proceeds cover the expense of my entry into the show.
Anyway, I am pleased with a few pieces that I will be hanging in the show. Below is one of them. I started this as a palette knife demo in an acrylics class, and hadn't finished it until just a day or two ago. I like him.


Heron ~ Acrylics ~ Palette Knife

Every day, I see at least two or three herons as I drive through the Valley or by the Swinomish Channel. As often as I see the herons, swans, geese and eagles, each time I see any of them it takes my breath away. Paintings of these birds sell well. Am hoping someone will want to take my guy home from the show!

No comments: