This canvas is on its fourth iteration. It has been trees, flowers, a figure, and now hydrangeas. Isn't that a wonderful thing that we can recycle "bad" paintings by painting over them with acrylics? The canvas has been texturized, stamped, stenciled, gessoed and re-gessoed, and I think this time it's okay. Because it has been around the block a few times, I figured I would "play," and this is what I came up with.
|Hydrangeas in a turquoise pitcher ~ 18" x 24" Acrylics Mixed Media|
Even with all I learned at the Jacqui Beck workshop, I still drifted toward the traditional and ended up with the "star" hydrangea right smack in the middle. So this morning, looking at my boring painting,
I said to myself, "what if," and started playing with my Dr Martins Hydrus watercolors. I wasn't wed to the outcome, and enjoyed making squiggles with the droppers. Pretty soon, the main flower appeared to be a little offset, the painting winked at me and came alive! Wish you could see it up close.
It's rainy today. I think I will try some more!